The puzzle frames ||:
– All managers must start with the same four pieces: strategy, information technology, structure, and leadership.
– Organizations differ not according to the number of pieces they choose to use in completing their specific puzzle, but as a result of the different shapes of the pieces they choose.
– Solving the management puzzle, consists of:
– Examining the available pieces and selecting those which will both interlock effectively
– Presenting a harmonious and well-composed picture to the outside world,
– Fill the specific frame with which their environment presents them.
– Traditional business design always start with strategy. Next came a structure to support the strategy and, finally, new management and IT systems to make the structure work.
– Today, designing a business requires non-linear thinking that can start with any one of the four pieces and then proceed in a dynamic, interactive, and continually evolving fashion.